Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Third Anniversary


September 24th was our third wedding anniversary. We decided that were weren't going to get anything for each other this year, but of course we each did something small. I decided to make Sean skor cake (his favorite). I was already stressed that day trying to get everything done. I was finishing up Sean's cake when I realized that it was very quiet all of a sudden, and with a 9 month old, that is rare. I turn around to see Landon with one of the cascade 2 in 1 dish detergent packets in his mouth. For those of you who don't know, those things dissolve incredibly quickly when they become wet. So I freak out and grab Landon and try to wash his mouth out. Two seconds later he throws up all over the kitchen. I promptly called poison control and was relieved that the detergent wasn't harmful to him, but it will upset his stomach (yeah, no kidding). So Sean had the privilege of coming home to his wife and son smelling of rancid Mac 'n' Cheese, puke all over the kitchen, the cat eating the puke, and me crying. Eventually we got it all cleaned up though. We dropped Landon off at Grammy's and made it to dinner. We ate at our traditional place, The Roof, which is where we went when Sean proposed. We had a great time at dinner, and the mess before makes for a great story!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Jessica, looks like you got Sean a beer for his anniversary gift. :)

Jessica and Sean said...

Oops, we meant to take that off the table. Who knew they served alcohol on church property!